Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Review of Banquet Select Recipes Meals & updates on some old reviews!!

It has been quite some time since I have done a review of a product/service/etc. on this blog. So I have decided to review Banquet Select Recipes Meals. Since this is a food review and people have different tastes, this review is focused on what you are getting for the price rather than the quality of the food.

Now Fred Meyer sells these meals for somewhere around a $1.30 each and is probably priced similar at other retail stores. The regular Banquet meals sell for about $1 at Fred Meyer and probably about the same at other stores and they come in the red boxes (or the boxes that just have the Banquet logo without the Select Recipes Logo on them in case you happen to be color blind).

These Banquet Select Recipes Meals are about identical to the same meals that Banquet sold in the red boxes just a few years earlier!!!



I was able to prove the above claim when I looked at the old meals I had in the freezer and I had one of the old "red box" Corn Dog Meals with the same included Fries and Brownie in them. For some reason Banquet feels that a Corn Dog meal or their Fried Chicken meal is worth charging a little more even though the portion of corn, potatoes, fries, or brownie that is included with the main food item isn't anymore than what you would get in the regular red boxed Banquet Meals that sell for like 30 cents or so less.

Verdict



So if you want to get more food for your money, I would stick to the regular "red box" Banquet meals and skip the "Banquet Select Recipes" meals unless they are on sale.

REVIEW UPDATES



Let me start off with the Samsung P3 Media Player I previously reviewed. I was hoping Samsung would get behind this product and support it here in the states.

Well guess what? IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! No surprise here.

The Fred Meyer store I purchased this device at no longer carries it which is no surprise because I could tell no one was buying this $150 product that is nowhere as familiar or popular as Apple's IPods.


Also I previously reviewed the Belkin TuneCast II FM Transmitter and said it was OK for more rural areas where there is usually less interference. But after a while I started to have more problems getting the signal to be loud and clear over the radio and kept getting more static. Plus I was using 2 AAA batteries and this Transmitter appears to drain the batteries after just a few weeks of installing new batteries. So I would recommend rechargeable batteries to use with this product if you are going to use this product on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment