Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My American Idol Report for the Tues. April 6, 2010 episode

Last week I picked Didi Benami to go home and Didi went making me 2 out of 3 this season for the predictions of who I think will go home that week. Because Didi went home as I predicted, I will stick to the same Top 6 prediction I made before in this blog.

So here is what I thought of this week's performers:

Michael Lynche: I have been kind of negative in the past because he seems to be getting quite more buzz than some of the other contestants. But this week I actually found myself liking him despite some of the negative comments from the judges this week.

Crystal Bowersox & Casey James: They were both good this week and are in little danger of going home this week as well. The guy with that instrument like the kind you would see on a Survivor Reunion Show helped Crystal out a lot in my opinion.

Lee DeWyze: I thought the Scottish guy was a strange addition to the song, but I feel that it worked just because it was kind of different. I think he should be safe this week.

Tim Urban & Andrew Garcia: These guys were OK, not really superb, but good enough to avoid going home this week. One of these guys might land in the bottom 3 but will probably be safe if my bottom 3 predictions are wrong this week.

Now for my bottom 3 in case you didn't happen to hear my picks on Marc Berman's podcast this morning. Plus I will give my reasons for them being in my bottom 3 which Marc didn't read on his podcast.

First I am picking Siobhan Magnus because of her "sleepy" performance. Plus I am confused as to what kind of artist she is trying to be. Goofy or Serious? Rock or Broadway? She seems to be all over the place. And I thought this week's performance was a little Broadway-like and those kind of performances have not done well this season on Idol so far if I remember correctly.

Katie Stevens is my second pick despite the positive comments this week because she is peaking too late. I think most of the Idol viewers have already made up their minds about her. Katie is the one that really needed a guy playing an instrument or something to get people's attention this week like Lee and Crystal did. Maybe she will try something like that next week.

And my third pick and the one I think will leave but not necessarily should leave is Aaron Kelly. He just had a below average week when most of the other contestants had a good week this week. Aaron just had one of those "forgettable performances." I don't picture anyone saying anything about what he was wearing or how cool he did a particular thing on stage this week.

Remember these are just opinions so I could be wrong. We will all find out tonight how far off I am.

NOTE: I keep forgetting to mention that the Idol Judges have their "save" to save one contestant up until like around the top 5, but I see practically no way they would use it this week. They will most likely use it when we get down to around 6 contestants left and some of the better singers start landing in the bottom 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment