Monday, April 26, 2010

Dockers Dress Pants Review and More Bad Fred Meyer News

Today I am going to write a review for the Iron Free Cotton Khaki Pleated D3 Classic Fit Dockers Dress Pants that I purchased a few days ago at Fred Meyer. By now I think you can tell Fred Meyer is not paying me for these reviews since I have been rather upset with them lately. It just so happens that I prefer to shop at Fred Meyer, but as of late, Fred Meyer has made a lot of bad decisions, and with my personal & financial situations being way up in the air for the last several months, I might have to start shopping elsewhere.

These dress pants from Dockers, which is part of Levi Strauss & Co., were purchased because one of my old pairs wore out about a week earlier. The regular price of these pants at Fred Meyer to the best of my knowledge is the same as MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) which is about $65!! Fred Meyer had the pants on sale for only $25 the day I bought them plus I had 2 coupons that I could use together when I purchased these pants that day making them around $15 for the pair I bought.

To get a $65 regular-priced pair of pants for only about $15 at Fred Meyer on sale seems like a really good deal. However, because of my shopping & living arrangements, I could not try on the pair at the store, unless I tracked down a salesperson at Fred Meyer and then I would have had to leave important merchandise in my cart alone where someone could steal or walk off with the merchandise in my cart. So I found the biggest size pair of these Dockers pants they had which happens to be the same size as the pants I usually wear during the week.

Well I get home and I try them on a few days later. Guess what? The pants were very, very tight. Dockers apparently has a different size measurement system than other companies such as Wrangler.

The pants I bought were made in Malaysia. They had both a button that fastens on the inside and a clasp type fastener that also fastens on the inside of the dress pants. But I could not fasten the button on the inside of the dress pants above the zipper because there was no room. I had to stretch really hard the one side of the metal clasp thing to reach the other piece of the metal clasp or whatever you call them. I was finally able to hook the one side with the other side, but I still had to tuck my shirt in, and then the one side of the clasp thing broke off!!

The design of the pants were poor after comparing them to 2 other similar pairs of pants from other companies. For example, both of the non-Dockers pairs seem to have the one part of the clasp thingy much closer to the edge of the pants which probably makes them easier to put on than this Dockers pair I purchased. And one of the non-Dockers pairs had a button, but they had like a little piece of fabric sticking out with the button hole that makes it easier to button up the inside button on that pair that Dockers didn't have.

Verdict



Because the pants are too small for me and the Dockers design used in these dress pants doesn't help you out much if you are buying a pair that is kind of on the tight side, these pants will go back to Fred Meyer the first real opportunity I get to take them back which could be several days unfortunately.

More bad Fred Meyer News



Now more bad Fred Meyer news. Things might be continuing to get worse for Fred Meyer. Their electronics section has been eliminating a lot of the more nicer expensive electronics products lately such as wireless headphones, nicer Laptops, & programmable remotes with cheaper products such as those cheap smaller laptop-type computers that run only Windows XP and remotes that have only regular buttons but no programmable macro ones.

In my last trip to Fred Meyer last week, I noticed that many of the Philips Magnavox Audio & Video products have been replaced with GE brand. That means the Philips MP3/CD Car Cassette Adapter model number PH2050W which is one of the very few items I actually gave a very positive review here in this blog is no longer carried at Fred Meyer. They do carry a GE version which looks almost identical to the Philips version, but I can't make no guarantees that the GE version of the product works as well as the Philips version.

Well this is likely not the last of the bad news from Fred Meyer, but I will stop here for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment