Wednesday, April 21, 2010

American Idol Predictions for the Idol Gives Back Week Results Show

Well what a month it has been on American Idol. The women, who were supposed to be really good this year, according to the Idol people, were the first 4 out of 5 to go in the top 12 leaving just 2 women left this year in the competition.

Then there was the Michael Lynche episode where one of the front runners nearly went home if it hadn't been for the "Judges Save" that was implemented the last few years on Idol.

If you look at my post I made after the Top 12 performance show back in Mid-March, I had these following contestants in my Top 6 Prediction:

Michael Lynche
Casey James
Siobhan Magnus
Lee Dwyze
Tim Urban
& Crystal Bowersox

Well guess what?? They are all still in the competition which means that if Aaron Kelly leaves, which I believe will indeed happen tonight, I will have correctly predicted the Top 6 way back when it was still a Top 12. Of course I kind of predicted that one week that Siobhan would leave and I thought I would have to change my Top 6 prediction that week, but Katie left instead who I thought was better than Siobhan that week. So I just kept my Top 6 prediction from Mid-March and it looks like it may hold with Aaron not having a really great performance last night.

Like I mentioned to Marc Berman of The Programming Insider, I thought that for Aaron Kelly to do R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly" which Aaron admitted he sang since he was like 5 years old, he ought to be phenomenal with his performance. But it just felt OK to me and felt kind of like one of those old "Star Search" type performances from several years ago and not a current "American Idol" type perfomance.

Who else will be in the bottom 3 this week? My predictions as Marc Berman mentioned on the podcast this morning are Michael Lynche and Casey James.

I believe Michael will be in the bottom 3 mainly because he was the previous singer before Crystal Bowersox who had a really superb performance this week. I thought Ellen's comments that they were running out of time to Michael Lynche and then the great comments she gave Crystal at the end was unfair to Big Mike.

I believe Casey James will be there in the bottom 3 because he just didn't take any risks with the song and played it safe. Plus Simon pointed out very clearly that Casey wasn't very inspirational with his song choice or performance this week.

I believe Tim Urban (also known as Teflon Tim) and Siobhan Magnus will escape the bottom 3 despite the judges' comments this week which were somewhat negative. I think either Marc Berman or Michael Burgi from the Programming Insider Podcast had mentioned that the judges are tough on Tim but not so much on Aaron, and this week I have to strongly agree with that.

And of course Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze will most likely be safe this week.

My feeling is that with 7 contestants left, tonight we will see Seacrest split the singers into 2 groups of 3 with Mike, Casey, and Aaron in one group while Lee, Siobhan, and Tim are in a second group. Then Seacrest will ask Crystal, the odd person out, to join the group that is NOT in the bottom 3. So this could be an interesting chance to see who Crystal thinks are the better singers that are still left in this year's competition.


So we will have to wait and see if my Top 6 prediction I made back in Mid-March holds and Aaron Kelly goes home. Or I could be completely wrong and maybe Siobhan or Tim leaves tonight. Anything can happen on Idol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment