Monday, April 19, 2010

NBC Today Show goes too far this morning... yet again!!

Warning: This post talks about something that some may consider adult content. I will try to keep this as family friendly as I can.

You know how much the Today Show bothers me. For example, there was the New Year's Day Broadcast I mentioned earlier in this very blog where they taped it an earlier day and tried to convince the viewer they were doing the show live that day.

Then last week, Kate Gosselin shows up in a 2 part interview spread over 2 days. Not only does the Today Show air each part twice in the same day, on day 2 of the interview they show taped shots of Gosselin sitting in a chair waiting to be interviewed like it was a live shot when in fact it was taped the day before or earlier.


Well I was watching the Today Show again this morning though at the time I was busy doing something else so I had the sound muted. Then I notice SHARON OSBOURNE from CELEBRITY APPRENTICE is on being interviewed by the Today Show Hosts. So I turned the volume back on and the Today Show hosts are asking her if the rumors are true that she is going to have artificial implants in her body taken out to be used as her husband Ozzy's paperweights.

Here are 3 questions I have about this interview.

1. Why does NBC's Today Show have to ask such a gossip type question in the first place? They have the entertainment program Access Hollywood for those kind of questions.

2. Did Sharon Osbourne know ahead of time they were going to ask such a personal question in front of the Today show audience outside which probably included a lot of children? It is funny how they can warn you of disturbing video during their news sections of the Today Show, but they have no problem discussing artificial body parts used to enhance body parts of a certain gender.

3. Did Sharon Osbourne think that it was OK to answer the question in the affirmative on a Entertainment-type show disguised as a news program like the Today Show? I would hope that this was a joke gone bad; or if she was indeed telling the truth, that it happened so quickly that she didn't think of the consequences of admitting to something like that on morning TV.

Well I was going to mention this to Marc Berman of the Programming Insider this morning, but one of his sidekicks, Will Levith, mentioned it on the Podcast this morning. He too thought it was outrageous for morning TV.

Look, I know Sharon is on there to promote The Celebrity Apprentice on NBC, which she should have been taken off of because of her illness, and America's Got Talent on NBC, which airs this Summer, but there was no need for this kind of inappropriate question at that hour in front of what is a family audience.

I am just glad that at least Will Levith agrees with me that the Today show is going too far for morning TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment