Wednesday, April 14, 2010

American Idol Report for 4/13/10 episode; Some Misc. stuff too!

I want to start this blog post off with some of my comments about last night's American Idol episode.

Tim Urban: Stole the show last night. He was really good.

Michael Lynche and Lee Dewyze: Really good too.

Crystal Bowersox: She was good and will be in no danger of going home even though I didn't care much for the religious feel of the song.

Katie Stevens and Casey James: They were average-type performers last night, but I think they are in little danger of going home tonight but could wind up in the bottom 3 if one or more of my picks below is/are safe tonight.


Aaron Kelly and Andrew Garcia just performed tonight like they were completely unaware that some of the other contestants really stepped it up this week in my opinion. Bad timing for these kind of performances because there is no judges save anymore!!

My picks for the bottom 3 and the 2 who will go home on tonight's Idol will be:

Aaron Kelly, who will be sent back to safety after getting a lot of sympathy votes.

Siobhan Magnus, who I feel is beginning to come across as a one trick pony with the screaming at the end of nearly every song she performs it seems, will be the first to go due to the fact that many of her fans feel she is in little danger of going home tonight.

Andrew Garcia, I predict, will be the second to go this week with his weird performance with the microphone. I thought it looked as if he thought the microphone was alive during his performance.

Since I am predicting Siobhan being one of the 2 to leave tonight, I will obviously have to have someone replace her in my Top 6 Prediction I made almost a month ago. But I will wait to see what happens tonight before I make a new Top 6 List.


Now I also want to mention Kate Gosselin because NBC News once again tries to pull a stunt on their TODAY show by making you think she is there in the studio the 2nd day of a Two Part interview. This is the same kind of stunt they pulled on New Year's Day where they try to make you believe something is live when it isn't. This just comes off as sham news coverage when they keep showing Kate Gosselin in a chair waiting for what looks like a "live" interview when she did it several hours before.


Also I wanted to post in my blog what I was originally trying to ask Marc Berman on his Podcast about the FOX TV show "Human Target," because he kind of messed it up badly. I hope he will do kind of a follow-up on the podcast tomorrow.


HERE WAS THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE:


I am glad to see FOX still promoting Human Target which appears to be on the bubble as the Season Finale during Tuesday's American Idol. My opinion is that FOX will keep this show around for the following 4 reasons:

1. Like Bones, it is a consistent performer despite the modest ratings.

2. With the Freshmen Series successes of the ABC Wednesday Comedy Block and CBS's "The Good Wife", "NCIS: LA", and "Undercover Boss," FOX will likely keep this show around at least one more season to get us to forget all of the failed or disappointing new show launches on FOX since last Fall such as "The Cleveland Show," "Our Kid Guinness" which never even aired because of potential rigging of the show, "Sons of Tuscon" which was put in the wrong time slot to begin with, "Brothers" and "Past Life." In other words FOX will keep Human Target around so FOX doesn't look so bad this past season in terms of new show launches.

3. They need to fill "24" which is leaving, and "Human Target" is a similar type of program.

4. FOX, who might be in danger of losing or acquiring new Marvel Properties now that Marvel is being taken over by rival Disney, will likely want to do business with Warner Brothers to get future DC Comics Properties.

Now FOX in my opinion will not announce the renewal of "Human Target" right away so they have a back door out of "Human Target" in case salary or cost negotiations get way out of hand. But I think Warner Brothers will want "Human Target" to air on FOX bad enough not to make the cost too high for the series because FOX is still in great shape unlike CW and NBC, and it gives Warner and DC Comics a better position on Network TV.

Marc, I would like to hear what you, Michael Burgi, and Will Levith think about my prediction that Human Target will be renewed for a second season on an upcoming episode of the podcast.


END OF MESSAGE

I thought it would be an interesting topic of discussion before it got messed up. I guess I should have shortened my comments a little.

My feeling is Human Target WILL be back next season. Fox has more to gain keeping this show and little to gain by canceling this show in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment