Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Coke Rewards leaves us with cliffhangers

I have mentioned the My Coke Rewards program in recent entries to this blog. Tomorrow is the last day, according to Coke's program rules, that you are supposed to be able to enter My Coke Rewards codes. But Coke hasn't said anything to anyone about this. They haven't even officially announced whether the program will be continuing in 2012. However, there has been places on the My Coke Rewards site that mention that codes will be accepted through at least early next year. So Coke has got a lot of confusion going on about their Rewards program right now.

And that is not the only confusing thing going on right now at My Coke Rewards. As I mentioned before in this blog too, Napster is supposed to be completely switched over to Rhapsody by Nov. 30 which is tomorrow even though My Coke Rewards is still currently offering the Napster downloads. To make things more confusing yet, Napster downloads actually replaced the Rhapsody downloads offered from the My Coke Rewards program in the past. When Rhapsody was the source of the download prizes on My Coke Rewards, the points required for downloads were only about half of what they were when Napster became the new source of downloads on My Coke Rewards. Does this mean that the MP3 downloads will go back to the old Rhapsody point level which was worth about half the points they are now once Napster finishes the switchover or will the My Coke Rewards program use an excuse to charge us the same number of points as Napster's download rewards in the future if Rhapsody once again becomes the MP3 source for My Coke Rewards? So many unanswered questions right now.

This is like My Coke Rewards' Y2K moment. You don't know whether the program is ending meaning you should enter and/or redeem points right away or whether the program will continue for many years to come and change for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment