Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Coke Rewards program still has a major flaw

I want to let people know that if you are into the My Coke Rewards Program like I am, you might have received an e-mail from the My Coke Rewards Program telling about their 50% off items out of their Holiday Rewards Catalog.

They show many gift cards for places like Subway, Home Depot, Best Buy, and others that you can get for half the points for a limited time.

I went to the My Coke Rewards Holiday Rewards Catalog webpage to check out these rather good looking deals.

One major problem. They were already wiped out of many of the items (mainly the more valuable gift cards, of course!).

You can still get the Coke merchandise such as t-shirts, but let's be honest: those items are not worth near as much as the gift cards were.

What bothers me about this is that I get the e-mail from Coke telling me about these would-have-been good deals after it is already too late. Clearly the program is being abused by "insiders," and Coke has not tried much to make this a more fair process to all the My Coke Rewards members who want to redeem points for great deals like these.

How easy is it to make this more fair in the future? Extremely easy. Send the e-mails AHEAD of these point drop offers by around a day or so and not AFTER they already have been grabbed by the "insiders" of the My Coke Rewards program.

Hopefully, Coke will read this and follow my advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment