Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Holiday Coke Rewards Catalog "Insiders" identified

I did some more investigating into why the My Coke Rewards Holiday Gifts were wiped out so fast today. I made mention of "insiders" as I was about 90% sure that there had to be people with an inside knowledge of what was going to be offered today.

Well shortly after I wrote the last blog entry, I came across this disturbing piece of info from the My Coke Rewards Facebook webpage:

START OF FACEBOOK QUOTE

My Coke Rewards Season of Giving
Instead of a Wednesday Deal, we wanted to do something special to celebrate the season. Enjoy these exclusive holiday offers available to our fans first. Get rewards from Nike®, AMC Theatres® and Best Buy for half the points. Take your pick before they're available to everyone: http://CokeURL.com/8wv2.

END OF FACEBOOK QUOTE

So basically My Coke Rewards offered the same offers only to Facebook members first before people like me had a chance to get them. Not illegal, but rather unethical to favor users of a social network like Facebook over the general public.

The best thing for people like us who didn't get a fair chance at great rewards like the ones offered today is to let Coke know these kind of Facebook offers have to cease to exist like I am doing here right now. And like I mentioned in the last post, we need to let Coke know they should be letting us know of offers in advance by about 24-48 hours instead of after the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment