Friday, May 28, 2010

Lee DeWyze and Gary Coleman

I Just wanted to write about the American Idol Finale. I thought for sure Crystal had it in the bag after her performances during the final week of the competition. I guess I was wrong about that! As much as I like Lee, I thought Crystal probably deserved to win more after the final performances. I will not be a bit surprised if Crystal has a bigger music career than Lee now that Idol is over. It seems America keeps voting for the "underdog" contestant each year on Idol.

2 years ago, David Archelleta seemed to be the presumed winner only to lose to David Cook. Then the next year, there was Adam Lambert who everyone thought would beat Kris Allen except Kris won. Now this year Crystal who should have won based on her finale performances gets beaten by Lee DeWyze.

I think Michael Burgi of the Programming Insider Podcast made a very good point the other day when he mentioned that Crystal was better off NOT winning because she will have more freedom what she can do than what she would be able to do under the Idol winner's music contract. So I think Lee and Crystal will both do just fine. I don't know about American Idol though when Simon is gone and Ellen is still there!! We will have to wait and see what happens to American Idol next year.

Now on to Gary Coleman. I never met him. But I did drive by the area a few times where he lived in Utah recently up until his death today. I have relatives who saw him around that area. While he was only 42, his death was not really a big surprise to me because there has been many reports of his poor health and my relatives seemed to say he was not that healthy looking when they saw him a few weeks back in the Provo area.

I hope maybe he will finally be at peace since he seemed to be very angry all of the time. And hopefully I will get to see his movie "The Fantastic World of D.C. Collins" which I haven't seen in ages! That had to be one of the first shows to include scenes that had a parody of "Star Wars" in it.

Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day Weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment