Tuesday, May 11, 2010

20,000 and counting!!!

This is a blog entry that should NOT have been necessary.

20,000



What does the 20,000 represent? That is the number of votes (probably 99% of them were cast illegally) received so far by the highest "Kroger design a reusable bag" entry vote getter.

Kroger apparently is still in denial that the cheating is happening.

Now if I could just get another 19,992 votes for my "Let's Talk Renewable, Not Trash" bag design, I will be at 20,000 votes myself with the half dozen vote leaders. I know that is just very wishful thinking however!!

2 comments:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY agree with you! I'm so glad someone else picked up on this. I have given up on the whole idea. I am an employee of a Krogers in Fort Wayne, IN. There is a separate bag competition for employees of Kroger but I believe that is rigged as well! There is major cheating going on somewhere. I'm not surprised Kroger has treated you poorly. They don't treat their employees well either. I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way but I highly doubt they will do anything to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a comment on your blog about the contest. I am not or never been an employee of Kroger's Fred Meyer stores (which is one of the store chains they own here in Washington State). I have gotten to know the Fred Meyer employees at the local Fred Meyer store pretty well. Most of them seem nice. I know a few them are very strict when it comes to accepting store coupons. Like Batteries don't count as electronics department for example. And puzzles are not considered Games for some coupons.

    I just wish Kroger corporate would give this contest a lot more integrity because I feel like I am punishing the whole Kroger Company when it is just the Kroger people overseeing the contest whose lack of action are causing the problem.

    ReplyDelete