Wednesday, May 12, 2010

American Idol Top 4 Performance Show Report

Well last week I correctly guessed Aaron Kelly would be leaving over Casey James who had a bad week last week.

This week I agreed with Kara and Simon that the Duets were better than the Solos. I think they should strongly consider doing duets during earlier parts of the competition and on a more regular basis to mix things up next season should FOX decide to bring Idol back next season.

Lee was good vocally (like he would sound good on the radio), but I felt his stage presence was not nearly as good. He could be in a little danger this week, but I think he will probably be safe.

Michael was good again this week, but not really superb. I felt the judges this week were giving him bad advice about what songs he should be doing as an artist like they have done quite often this season with various contestants.

Casey, like Michael Burgi had mentioned a while back on Marc Berman's Programming Insider Podcast, is still being treated like a sex symbol when they started to call Kara "Mrs Robinson" from the movie "The Graduate." I felt Casey was too safe and predictable and laid back during this stage of the competition with only 4 people left.

Crystal, I thought had the best solo performance of the night this week (even though I am a Lee fan) based on both vocals and stage presence. She will likely be safe this week.

So I think the bottom 2 tonight will probably be Michael, who was good but not really great, and Casey who was just too laid back and didn't really try to do anything new.

Out of those two I think Casey will go this week.

Since I am predicting Casey to leave tonight, I am going to stick with my earlier Top 5 prediction for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment