Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fred Meyer advertising disappointing this crucial weekend

Well it is one week until Christmas. This Saturday is the busiest shopping day of the year, not Black Friday which many people actually think would be the busiest shopping day of the year.

Well I was hoping for Fred Meyer to do their annual tradition of putting a Savings Certificate for like $10 off a $50 purchase in the local newspaper like they have done in years past during this busy weekend. I was looking in the paper for their full page Savings Certificate Ad this morning.

IT WAS NOT THERE!! There was a full page ad in the part of the newspaper where it would have likely been, but it was for another major retailer. Then I thought maybe it was an online only deal this year. Nope. Just a coupon for next week arrived this morning online.

So now what do I do? Without that Savings Certificate, I now have to pay higher prices no matter what I purchase at Fred Meyer. They have the 10% off coupon for items in most departments other than Electronics, Groceries, Apparel, and Jewelery. But it lacks a UPC so it has to be applied by the cashier manually to each item as you check out so it is a little frustrating to get savings this way. The Savings Certificate was nicer because they were fewer exceptions and could be scanned at the end with other coupons.

I just haven't decided what to do about my Christmas shopping which I haven't even begun yet. I don't blame Kroger or Fred Meyer which like me have been hit very hard by the ongoing recession.

I am likely going to have to wait until next week now, hoping for some last minute savings from Fred Meyer which traditionally has better savings earlier on in the holiday season than the last few weeks before Christmas.

The good news is that this year's Holiday shopping mess will be over in 1 week regardless of what happens next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment