Wednesday, March 31, 2010

American Idol Report for the Tuesday March 30, 2010 episode

Well last week I said I was going out on a limb and predicting Andrew Garcia to not only be in the bottom 3, but I also predicted he would be going home. I was especially feeling comfortable with my bottom 3 picks since the week before I was absolutely 100% correct.

So if you watched Idol last Wednesday night, I was humbled when Andrew not only did not go home but actually managed to avoid the bottom 3 as well. After I watched his performance last night he did what I believe is his first good performance on Idol since the voting episodes began this season. I don't feel he is in danger or should be in danger this week. However, I felt his good week this week is still not what I would consider a memorable American Idol performance worthy enough to win American Idol.

Last week I told Andrew Garcia fans not to vote for him again this week if he should get through to this week, but I only meant that if he continued to have these bad performances. Since he had a good performance this week feel free to vote for him. I don't want to influence people's voting on Idol unless it is becoming painfully clear someone needs to stay or go and American Idol voters seem to be leaning in the wrong direction with that contestant.

So briefly I will mention the other 9 contestants.

Michael Lynche, Crystal Bowersox, Casey James: Should be all safe this week with little danger of being in the bottom 3 this week.

Lee DeWyze: He was excellent last night after last week's somewhat disappointing performance. I like him the best out of this season's contestants, so I may be a little biased on him. Should be safe this week as well. If he is in the bottom 3 this week after that performance last night they might as well end the show as that would suggest that Idol is purely becoming a popularity contest.

Katie Stevens & Siobhan Magnus: Siobhan has been getting a lot of negative comments about her performance last night but I think she will avoid the bottom 3 for this week along with Katie who was in the bottom 3 last week.

So my bottom 3 this week are:

Aaron Kelly who came off with a cold performance in my opinion. He sang a song that has been sung better several times in the past and he looked like he was angry when he was singing it even though the song is not a song about anger.

Tim Urban will likely be in the bottom 3 for the 3rd week in a row and will probably set a new Idol record for the most times in the bottom 3 without going home.

And the contestant who I think should go home and will go home is Didi Benami. The song was flat for most of the song. It sounded like something you would hear at the store. At the end she started to do some things with the song, but the song became like a Broadway type performance and I don't think Idol viewers will vote for that kind of performance.

So after just 3 weeks of the Top 12, Idol will have lost half of the women in the Top 12 it would appear. Ironic since they were calling this the strongest group of women they have had in some time.

Soon American Idol will be Crystal Bowersox verus the Top 6 Men show!

No comments:

Post a Comment