Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My American Idol Report for the Tues. March 23, 2010 episode

Sorry if you are still waiting for non-American Idol posts. I will eventually get back to posts about other topics.

Last week I was 100% correct on my predictions for the bottom 3 AND the person who would get the lowest number of votes on Idol last week.

This week I will be going out on a limb, so I don't expect to be 100% correct 2 weeks in a row.

Crystal Bowersox, Michael Lynche: Still about 0% chance of either going home and very little chance of being in the bottom 3. Anyone notice that even though they were not the first and last contestants this week, but performed one right after the other in about the middle of the show? Could getting ratings at 9PM be the reason?

Aaron Kelly, Sioban Magnus: Unlikely to be in this week's bottom 3 in my opinion.

Lee Dwyze: He has been my favorite contestant this season so far, but he was not as good as he could have been this week in my opinion. However, I feel there are too many performances that were still weaker than his that he should be safe this week.

Didi Benami, Casey James, and Katie Stevens: Unlikely to go home this week, but one of them could land in the bottom 3 if my pick to leave Idol tonight doesn't happen.

My picks for the bottom 3 this week are:

Tim Urban because of the poor song choice, and because it came off as a "fun and goofy" type performance rather than a contender type performance.

Paige Miles, who most people think will go home this week, but not me. I thought her performance was poor, but I believe she may get some votes that would have went to Lacey Brown who exited last week. Plus she may get sympathy votes for the bad comments she got from the judges last night.

So my final pick and the pick I feel will go home this week is ANDREW GARCIA! Sorry Andrew, but you should have been out a week or two ago. It is his time after that lousy performance of Marvin Gaye's "Heard it Through the Grapevine." It was the wrong song choice, and even though he picked it he still did a lot worse than we know he is capable of doing with a song like that. He did nothing original with the song in my opinion. At least Paige sort of has an excuse with her voice condition. And I didn't like the dancing in the middle of his performance.

Andrew has a following from my understanding, but some of his biggest fans had to be cringing after seeing that lousy performance. If Andrew somehow makes it to next week, please stop voting for him. American Idol's pressure is getting to be too much for Andrew in my opinion.

I am keeping the Top 6 from last week's post as my Top 6. So no new Top 6 list this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment