Thursday, March 11, 2010

American Idol Report for Tues. & Wed. 3/9 and 3/10 episodes

Since I just finished watching the guys performances just a few minutes ago, I am combining this week's report for the boys and girls this week.

Some of my general observations:

Ellen continues to be a lackluster judge on the show that adds little to the show. The whole Ellen in Simon's lap thing was just totally uncomfortable and unnecessary in my opinion.

The boys were better than the girls this week. Remember last week I said the girls were better but not by much and that was with the advantage of being on a day later and the boys being on a day earlier. So the quality of the girl singers this year continues to not live up to the hype that has come out of the judges' mouths.

At the end of this blog post, I will post my new Top 6 since Michelle Delamor went home even though I didn't think she deserved to go home.


Now on to the singers:

Michael Lynche, Crystal Bowersox: They gave good perfomances this week which I don't dispute that fact. The problem I have with these 2 contestants is that they seem like they have gotten some "unfair advantages" over some other contestants and they shouldn't need these "unfair advantages" to advance on Idol if they are that good. If either of these 2 win the season I think I would feel their Idol victory was tainted. That is why I predict neither of these 2 early favorites will go all the way.

Paige Miles: Last week I thought this girl could go all the way along with Michelle Delamor who got eliminated last week. But I believe even though she was good she made some mistakes and will probably go home early (like tonight).

Lee Dwyze, Tim Urban, & Casey James: Should all make it into the Top 12 this year. They were all good this week.

Lily Scott, Siobhan Magnus & Katie Stevens: Probably not as good this week as they could have been, but will likely make the Top 12 this year.

Aaron Kelly: Again not very good this week but will likely make the Top 12 anyways.

Lacey Brown, Didi Benami, & Katelyn Epperly: Any one or 2 of these 3 girls could be going home tonight and the one or ones who survives and makes the Top 12 will unlikely make the Top 6.

Andrew Garcia, Todrick Hall, & Alex Lambert: Any 2 of these 3 guys will probably go home tonight. Alex Lambert looked stiff up there performing this week. Andrew Garcia's "Genie in a Bottle" was awful in my opinion. Todrick Hall is the least likely to go home of those 3 if the Broadway people watch Idol and vote for him. But if Andrew Garcia is eliminated tonight, I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Top 13" or "Wild Card" twist this year because of the potential this guy has if he could just get the right song choice one time.

So here is my new Idol Top 6 Prediction (in no particular order):

Michael Lynche
Lee Dwyze
Lily Scott
Casey James

and I am going to add 2 new ones to my Top 6 list this time:

Crystal Bowersox
& Tim Urban

No comments:

Post a Comment