Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My American Idol Report for the Tues. March 16, 2010 episode

Last night the Top 12 performed. But first I need to bring up Ellen again. Why is she even a judge? Besides the fact that she offers little if any useful criticism, she is a talk show HOST, not a JUDGE. She should be a replacement for Ryan Seacrest not Paula Abdul. And since Seacrest has no intentions of leaving Idol as far as I am aware of and with the show doing perfectly fine without Brian Dunkleman since he left Idol at the end of Season One, there is no reason for Ellen Degeneres to be on American Idol.

Enough about Ellen. Once again America got it wrong again by not voting for Lily Scott. So once again I have to update my Top 6 list at the end of this post.

Michael Lynche and Crystal Bowersox: I think I am going to start refering to these 2 as "Beginning and End" because of how often these 2 show up as the first or last performer of the episode. We know they are good and have generated a lot of positive comments from many major critics of the show. But enough is enough with these 2 showing up as the first or last singer of the night which are the most advantageous spots of the show if you are a contestant on Idol.

Didi Benami, Lee Dwyze, Aaron Kelly, Siobhan Magnus: These singers were good enough that they are in little danger of going home tonight.

Katie Stevens, Casey James, & Andrew Garcia: Might be in the bottom 3 tonight, but I doubt any of these 3 will go home.

My prediction for the bottom 3 this week are Tim Urban, Lacey Brown, and Paige Miles.

Tim Urban will be in the bottom 3 because of the judges' comments about his performance.

Paige Miles will be in the bottom 3 because of her voice condition.

Lacey Brown will be in the bottom 3 and eliminated because the performance felt like a swan song type performance and you are not going to win with those kind of performances in a show based on getting people to vote for you, especially during the Rolling Stones theme week on American Idol.


So my updated Top 6 list is now (in no particular order):

Michael Lynche
Casey James
Siobhan Magnus (Just added her to top 6 to replace Lily Scott)
Lee Dwyze
Tim Urban
& Crystal Bowersox

OK, I lied above about the order this time. I purposely put Michael Lynche and Crystal Bowersox first and last just to kind of help make my point about them being used too frequently on the show as the first and last performer on the show. Let's hope they are not used in those positions again on the show this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment