Monday, August 22, 2011

My video explaining how to enable video calling on the Archos 32 Gen8 Tablet using the Skype service is now on my YouTube Channel

Earlier this Summer in this blog, I called this a "Summer of Disappointment." I am going to to have to say once again things have improved greatly towards the end of this Summer, and that term "Summer of Disappointment" doesn't really apply anymore. The latest example of that is the Archos Gen8 Tablets. Archos recently released a new firmware earlier this month which allows you to use your Archos Gen8 tablets such as the Archos 32 Internet Tablet to do not just audio calling through Skype but now VIDEO calling for free as well!

Just think how cool that is. You could be thousands of miles away with only your Archos Tablet and as long as you have WiFi access you could call back home and have a video call with someone without dragging along your desktop or laptop computer while on your trip.

Since this is a new feature to the Archos Gen8 Tablets, there are obviously going to be bugs and slow connections for now. But this could possibly be improved in future versions of Archos' firmware for the Gen8 Tablets.

In my video entitled "Tech Confusion: Running Skype on an Archos 32 Gen8 Internet Tablet with Video Calling Enabled", I explain the steps needed to enable the free video calling feature on Skype for an Archos 32 Tablet, but enabling Skype on many of the other Archos Gen8 Tablets should be very similar so watching my video could be helpful to owners of those models such as the A43, A70, and A101 as well.

To see this video on my NATHANROADINWA YouTube Channel Page, --> CLICK HERE <--

As always feel free to leave comments, questions, or mention any corrections if I made mistakes in the video. And for those of you with Archos 32 Model Tablets, I will probably be doing another video on the Archos 32 in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment