Thursday, August 26, 2010

Potential good news for ABC and NBC while not so good news for CBS and FOX

Recently I uploaded my Fall 2010 Preview videos to my YouTube channel, NATHANROADINWA, where I gave my analysis of NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX's upcoming fall schedules.

As of the time I am writing this which is Thursday evening Aug. 26, the ABC video now has the most views at 105 views. The NBC video has been the second most viewed video at 94 views. The CBS video is a distant third at 39 views. The FOX video is dead last at only 15 views. All 4 videos were uploaded within a few days of each other so the large difference is not because the NBC and ABC videos were uploaded much earlier than the CBS and FOX ones. It is a slight possibility that YouTube has presented the NBC and ABC ones more often under their recommendations of videos to watch after watching a certain video, but I feel that is highly unlikely.

If these views are a good measurement of what people are interested in watching this fall, ABC and NBC should be in great shape. It also doesn't bode well for the FOX network which has only 3 new shows on its Fall 2010 lineup. It suggests that the 2 new comedies are likely going to be canceled quickly if people aren't interested in their fall lineup. Even though the CBS preview video was not as watched as much as the NBC or ABC videos, I think CBS still have good shots at some of their shows such as the new Hawaii Five-0 and Bluebloods which could very well fit their typical crime drama lineup.

I just thought the results were quite interesting. We shall see which network really does pick up viewers this Fall which is less than a month away now!

No comments:

Post a Comment