Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bret Michaels cancels Yakima, WA concert on Saturday Sept. 11

I am sorry for not posting very often on here. I have been rather busy working long hours just about every day right now.

I thought I would mention my feelings about Bret Michaels canceling his Yakima, Washington tour appearance this Saturday which happens to be September 11th.

The show was canceled due to a lack of ticket sales with the poor economy being cited as a major reason. Ordinarily, I think this would be an acceptable decision to cancel a concert due to low ticket sales. But since this concert was supposed to be on Sept. 11th, to not have it just feels totally un-American. And we are talking Bret Michaels here. This is the guy who was in the hospital during the airing of the Celebrity Apprentice and people were thinking he would not even show up for the finale which Donald Trump made Bret the winner of the show.

So what happened to this never give up attitude of Bret Michaels? How can he just cancel a concert on a very important day in our nation's recent history? Even Jay Leno did free shows for people out of work recently.

My plea to Bret Michaels is to do your Sept. 11 concert in Yakima, Wash. But don't just do it for your fans, do it for your country!

No comments:

Post a Comment