Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 is here, but is that a good thing?

I want to start out by wishing everyone a Happy New Year. Now that 2012 is here, maybe things will improve. But there is a good chance they will not improve. Some of the bad things that happened in 2011 include:

Postal Service debates about cutbacks in service.

Postal Service is still cutting back processing centers and still threatening longer mailing times as we speak.

Western Digital continued to be slow to update their WDTV Live family machines.

There is a new firmware finally coming out any day now for the discontinued 2010 Plus model, but it is rumored to be the last. Western Digital will unlikely fix any more bugs or update the services supported on this model. This means if you bought the Plus model like I did, you are probably regretting the purchase of it now.

YouTube view count bug came back around December 2011 and appears to be still giving inaccurate view counts as of early 2012.

YouTube had listed the same view counts on several of my videos at the exact same number for days until a couple of days ago. But it appears that the view counts are still not updating right away which makes it hard for me to judge how well my videos are being received since I get very few comments or ratings on my videos.

2012 GOALS FOR NATHANROADINWA YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Now I want to talk about my 2012 goals for my NATHANROADINWA YouTube Channel.

Hit the 10,000 views milestone for a single video for the first time.

This one I am almost certain will happen this year.

Hit the 100,000 views milestone for my total views.

This one seems in reach as long as I continue to get views at the rate that I was getting during the 4th Quarter of 2011.

Finally the most important one which is to be more successful on YouTube.

YouTube is a tricky platform for someone with my video making style. I have seen videos similar to mine that are shot with absolutely no preparation on a low resolution webcam and get way more views than mine even though I try to research the topics thoroughly and make the information much more organized. Unfortunately, YouTube continues to be dominated by people who make funny videos and by celebrity videos or those with subscribers it seems. I don't really encourage subscribing on YouTube since it takes your attention away from videos made by other individuals who upload an interesting video on a rare occasion.

So hopefully I will be able to make the needed adjustments to my videos to accomplish the third goal. We will find out sometime this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment