Thursday, January 19, 2012

A mid-January 2012 Update

I have been away for a while. So I thought I would check in again. It has been a snowy week here in Washington State. Much of the state from Seattle to Eastern Washington has been hit by snowstorms this week. The snow can really disrupt things in this state, especially around Seattle.

I should mention that my NATHANROADINWA YouTube Channel videos have recently passed the 50,000 total views mark. So I still feel good about getting 100,000 total views by the end of this year.

As for the rumored final firmware update to the WDTV Live Plus from Western Digital that was mentioned as being planned for early 2012, it has not happened yet which is no surprise because Western Digital has a long history of making you wait months instead of days for a new firmware. Like I have said before, it is highly unlikely I will purchase another Western Digital media streamer again because of the lack of updates. For a company like Western Digital to announce that they are not likely going to release another firmware update to a product like the WDTV Family less than 24 months after being released is totally unacceptable. They need to create products that can be easily upgradable without forcing you to buy a new media streamer every 24 months or so just to get a device that has current support.

As for those wondering when my next YouTube video on my NATHANROADINWA Channel is coming out, I will most likely put out another video by sometime in February at the latest. I just have been rather busy lately with other activities.

So that is my update for now. I will be back rather soon probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment