Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Correction on the Unemployment Compensation

Yesterday, I mentioned that I didn't want to accept Unemployment Compensation from the State of Washington because of my long-term unemployment.

I looked into the Washington State Unemployment Compensation Rules and learned that I don't even qualify for unemployment benefits this year because I haven't worked enough hours this year. So it obviously doesn't matter now what I feel about taking unemployment compensation this year since I can't get any assistance anyways.

To make matters worse, I looked at the newspaper's help wanted ads today, and they are so few in number and are dominated in one area, the medical area. And I am definitely not in the medical profession.

So the cutbacks will continue...

2 comments:

  1. I don't mean to offend. Have you considered another line or work? I don't know what you do, but it seems not to be working for you. These have been tough times for all of us. As an employer myself, I no longer advertise in the paper. It is not effective at getting me the applicants with the qualifications I need. Craigs list is where I post my openings. Have you tried looking there? Do you have a trade? Have you considered getting training? At community colleges, you can get assessment for your talents and interest, which might help to isolate a course of action. Just a couple thoughts of encouragement for you. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice. I am trying to find work that will be convenient for myself and other members of my family since they have to rely on me quite a bit at this moment. So for that reason it is somewhat harder finding work.

    ReplyDelete