Saturday, January 23, 2010

Anyone still remember the historic 2008 campaign season?

Sorry again for the long delay between posts.

There were 2 major shakeups since the last time I posted. One being Haiti, the other being Capitol Hill.

My opinion on Haiti is that we should pull out of the country very soon. President Obama promised the US would do everything it could to help out this country. But the President should have not made that kind of promise.

This is why:

Haiti has approximately 9 Million people which is only slightly more populated than the entire NYC area.

Despite President Bill Clinton's remarks that Haiti was in the best shape in its history before the quake, Haiti was still a poor country. Giving many kinds of aid financially is not going to make life better in the long term for these unfortunate people.

Haiti's population is already shrinking among the living. About 100 orphans are already headed to our country and what little they remember about Haiti will soon be a distant memory.

There are probably other reasons that I am not thinking about right now. Another troubling trend are the many people going down to Haiti from the US to do rescue and relief type operations in Haiti. I could understand doctors and food aid from Florida or Georgia, but why should people way up in Washington State help with this cause?

I am not trying to be mean. I am trying to be realistic here. We should only be providing immediate search and rescue support and first aid, and then help Haiti restore its medical facilities, and then just leave the country. Haitians need to ultimately rebuild their country themselves.

Now on to shakeup #2. Brown winning was kind of a surprise to me. I knew the country was beginning to turn on President Obama and the Democratic Majority in D.C. but didn't expect it to happen as soon as it did. The voters of Massachusetts have in my opinion let Washington D.C. know that NO ONE is SAFE whether you are Democrat or Republican.

I don't feel bad for President Obama, who made a silly arrogant remark about how Brown's truck may not take people where they want to go. Plus the fact the President had to campaign for Brown's opponent during the Haiti recovery and aid efforts. That was kind of classless for a President who campaigned on change.

The point I wanted to make is this: Is it just me or is President Obama acting like a completely different person with a temper now that Brown won in MA? I remember how people brought up McCain's temper, but I think Pres. Obama has now got Sen. McCain beat. So if the Press seemed to mention McCain's temper issue during the 2008 campaign season quite a bit, why is the Press not doing the same to President Obama who seems to be acting like an angry President in a matter of hours after losing a big key race?

Will somebody please point out what I am missing here?

No comments:

Post a Comment