Tuesday, December 29, 2009

An Honest Review of Memorex PC Quick Wipes 50 Pack

Today I am going to review the Memorex PC Quick Wipes 50 Pack. These were available at Fred Meyer several months ago at a regular price around $3-$5 at the time. I purchased like 3 of them for about a dollar each when they were on sale. Since about that time I have not seen them at Fred Meyer since, but they most likely still sell these wipes at other retailers like Amazon.com, and Memorex still lists this product on their own website.

These wipes may work but there is a major issue with them



I bought these to clean off fingerprints and dust off of my monitor screen. They can also be used for other items such as PC keyboards, PC mice, and other Home/Office equipment. Memorex puts on the back label of the container, which you can't see without opening the product on the one I bought, that these wipes are NOT for cleaning CD and DVD discs since the wipes are pre-moistened.

These wipes worked pretty good ... for a while. Then they lose their moisture and they are completely dry after about a half a year even though I kept mine inside of the container with the lid closed. Memorex offers a 1 year warranty on this product but since Fred Meyer, where I bought these at, unlikely doesn't carry these anymore, I am just going to forget about the 1 year warranty and just try to find some way to use them before they lose their moisture.

Verdict



Unless you are buying these with the intention of using all 50 wipes within a couple of days, I would not recommend buying this product. Fred Meyer was probably wise to have discontinued this product from their electronics department. Go to Amazon.com and look this product up and you will see a couple of negative reviews on this product. If you want something to clean your computer and office equipment I would recommend looking elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment