Wednesday, November 7, 2012

An Ironic Segment for NBC's Hoda and Kathie Lee portion of this morning's Today show

First, I want to congratulate those who won their elections even though I don't agree with the direction this country is headed in. But I don't want to discuss politics today since we have been crammed with this stuff for months.

Instead I want to mention the rather ironic segment on the Kathie Lee and Hoda part of this morning's Today show on NBC.

I found it very odd that Kathie Lee and Hoda are talking about tips to prevent being hacked with a computer expert even though NBC's own website (YES, NBC the company!) was hacked just this past Sunday by a computer hacker.

Not one mention of the successful hacking attempt was mentioned during this segment. This is not really surprising since NBC does not want to embarrass itself, but the problem is the public has the right to know, and therefore NBC News has the duty to report news that is negative to their own company.

I just thought how ironic it was that NBC is giving information on how to prevent a breach from a hacker. I would have probably found the segment somewhat more credible if NBC wouldn't have tried to hide the fact that they have computer security issues themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment